[OpenAFS] Newbie Question

Christopher D. Clausen cclausen@acm.org
Fri, 2 May 2008 14:47:34 -0500

Gary Bowling <gb@gbco.us> wrote:
> Ok, after being side tracked by real work for an hour or so I'm back
> to looking at this. Here are some answers to a few of the responses.
>
> Lars - Thanks, I had no idea DNS needed anything. I have everything in
> /etc/hosts right now. Will that work or do I need DNS entries? Time is
> sync'd already.

I don't think DNS is an issue at this point, although it might be.

vos listaddrs -nore output would be handy to see.

> Sergio - No real reason to downgrade to single-des, I wasn't even
> thinking as that set up was just copied from some place I found... If
> I get it all working I'll go back and change that to 3des. As for
> -dynroot, I do not have that on the client, the only client option is
> -fakestat.
>
> Christopher - Thanks for that, at least I can stop looking at those
> log entries :) Here is the output of vos listvldb -noauth
> VLDB entries for all servers
>
> root.afs
>    RWrite: 536870912
>    number of sites -> 1
>       server homepc.gbco.us partition /vicepa RW Site
>
> Total entries: 1

vos create root.cell wait a few minutes, restart your AFS client, and
then try the fs sa command again.  Just in case -dynroot is on this will
allow you to at least see something in /afs assuming you can get tokens
with aklog.

The other question is if afsd is even loading properly.  Any dmesg
output when afsd starts?

<<CDC