[OpenAFS] Newbie Question

Steve Devine sd@msu.edu
Fri, 02 May 2008 22:14:09 -0400

Gary Bowling wrote:

> Ok, maybe a few more tries.. Is there something wrong with my REALM or
> my cell name? Something doesn't match correctly, but I'm not sure what..
>
> Why do I get this, if I do a "klist admin" or a "klist admin@GBCO.US"
> I get the following:
>
> klist admin
> klist: No credentials cache found (ticket cache FILE:admin)
the klist command normally gets run by itself if there is currently a
kerberos ticket in the cache it will tell you what it is.
So what you are describing is normal behavior.

> But if I just do a "klist" I get the following, which seems to be
> returning info about admin..
>
> klist
> Ticket cache: FILE:/tmp/krb5cc_0
> Default principal: admin@GBCO.US
>
> Valid starting     Expires            Service principal
> 05/02/08 15:05:58  05/03/08 15:05:58  krbtgt/GBCO.US@GBCO.US
> 05/02/08 15:09:05  05/03/08 15:05:58  afs@GBCO.US
>

> Kerberos 4 ticket cache: /tmp/tkt0
> klist: You have no tickets cached

Again normal behavior. If you can then run aklog you should get a afs
token this token is what gives you
admin rights within the cell.
once you sucessfully run aklog (again by itself)  you can run "tokens"
and see what your tokens are.

So like this:
Password for sparty@MSU.EDU:
 > aklog