[OpenAFS] An open letter from the OpenAFS Council of Elders

Jason C. Wells jcw@highperformance.net
Wed, 07 May 2008 23:32:19 -0700

Derrick J Brashear wrote:

> We would like your feedback on this proposal, and suggest community
> discourse on the openafs-info@openafs.org mailing list.

I would invite you to search out the FreeBSD community key players who
were involved in their creation of the FreeBSD Foundation.  IIRC, they
took ownership of the trademark and manage funding for various projects
and such.  They went through this process just a couple years ago.  They
probably would enjoy sharing some of the lessons that they have learned.

The FreeBSD mailing lists are publicly archived.  You might start there.
Some AFSers are also in the FreeBSD camp.  You might ask them for
pointers to the right people.

I am not close enough to the inner workings of FreeBSD to say much about
the transition at all except that I still get great software at a low
cost. I would expect the same goodness from OpenAFS.

Regards,
Jason