[OpenAFS] Problem building 1.4.7 client on RHEL4 SMP system

Richard Brittain Richard.Brittain@Dartmouth.EDU
Thu, 8 May 2008 20:51:06 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,
   I tried upgrading an SMP RHEL4 client today with the 1.4.7 RPMs and
built the kernel module with rpmbuild the way I usually do.  However,
although I specified --define "kernvers 2.6.9-67.0.15.ELsmp"
- which syntax always worked before, it built the non-SMP kernel module.

Booting to kernel 2.6.9-67.0.15.ELsmp without AFS, and then repeating the
rpmbuild without the "kernvers" parameter built the same non-SMP module
again.

Booting in the non-SMP kernel worked as expected, with AFS loading. I
suspect this is a spec file problem - it looked like it was not passing
the right arguments to the compilation steps.

The client was previously at 1.4.5.  I seem to remember having a brief
attempt to build 1.4.6 and had trouble with the the spec file in that too.

Any help greatly appreciated

Richard

--
Richard Brittain,  Kiewit Computing Services, 6224 Baker/Berry Library
                    Dartmouth College, Hanover NH 03755