[OpenAFS] Problem building 1.4.7 client on RHEL4 SMP system

Richard Brittain Richard.Brittain@Dartmouth.EDU
Fri, 9 May 2008 18:36:18 -0400 (EDT)

Many thanks - adding '--define "kvariants smp"' did the trick and is now
on my standard cheat sheet for rebuilding modules.

The RPMs on the download site worked for 2.6.9-67.0.7, but there aren't
any for 2.6.9-67.0.15 which Red Hat just released this week.

I've now found the notes in the 'openafs' RPM description which explain
the kvariants option, but I hadn't installed that yet because I was trying
to build first and then install all the parts of 1.4.7 at once.

Richard

--
Richard Brittain,  Kiewit Computing Services, 6224 Baker/Berry Library
                    Dartmouth College, Hanover NH 03755