[OpenAFS] Summary of recommended configuration options from the workshop

Russ Allbery rra@stanford.edu
Mon, 26 May 2008 12:04:00 -0700

"Christopher D. Clausen" <cclausen@acm.org> writes:

> I use fast-restart as well, although the way to go is demand attach.
> Perhaps this can be pulled into a 1.4.X release candidate for testing?

Demand attach is not a simple change, to say the least.  Rather than
putting a lot of work into integrating it into the general 1.4 release,
the best way forward is to put that effort into testing 1.5 so that we can
release 1.6.

> Some of us do not want to make the leap to the 1.5.x branch for
> production use.

If you're going to run demand-attach, you're getting most of the reason
why 1.5 might be unstable anyway.