[OpenAFS] Summary of recommended configuration options from the workshop

Derrick Brashear shadow@gmail.com
Mon, 26 May 2008 21:28:29 -0400

On Mon, May 26, 2008 at 10:30 AM, Jason Edgecombe
<jason@rampaginggeek.com> wrote:
> Hi Everyone,
>
> Here are my notes from the workshop configuration discussion about
> recommended configuration options:
>
> afsd:
> recommended size: 20% of root drive  or larger if needed for your working
> set.
> -dynroot
> -nojumbograms (?? not documented. is this an option?)
> -fakestat
> -stackhash (?? Is this for real? It's not documented)
>
> fileserver:
> -p 128 ( maximum number of threads )
> -vattach # (greater than 1. should this be equal the number of partitions)
> -large

is probably -L, but really this implies other things (including -p 12)
and you shpuld take all those other things themselves.

> -cb # (1 million or more callbacks)

figure out your resident set and use that. we should log something,
probably, or make this dynamic.

> no fastrestart
> more fun options with using demand-attach
>
> volserver:
> -p 16 (use the maximum of 16 threads)

it's going up.

> salvager:
> -all# where # is the number of partitions on separate spindles

-parallel all#