[OpenAFS] Summary of recommended configuration options from the workshop

Mike Garrison mcgarr@umich.edu
Mon, 26 May 2008 14:54:58 -0400

On May 26, 2008, at 10:30 AM, Jason Edgecombe wrote:

> Hi Everyone,
>
> Here are my notes from the workshop configuration discussion about
> recommended configuration options:

This wasn't discussed in at the workshop, but I'd also recommend for
both the fileserver and the client increasing the number of extra rx
packets. You can do this by passing -rxpck <value>. We use 2400, but
anything larger than the default would be a good idea.. for a really
busy client or fileserver, you may want to make it as high as 10,000+.
Yes, this will cause a little more memory to be used, but nowadays I
don't think that's a big deal. I'm not sure if there are any other
tradeoffs, but it often helps with performance.

If your clients or servers are reporting noBuffers, you definitely
need to increase it.

--
Mike Garrison