[OpenAFS] Weird conflict between openafs kernel module and nvidia driver on Ubuntu

Christopher D. Clausen cclausen@acm.org
Fri, 7 Nov 2008 17:48:58 -0600

Karl M. Davis <Karl.Davis@ridgetopgroup.com> wrote:
> As part of my standard setup, I've been editing /etc/openafs/afs.conf:
> <<
> #OPTIONS=AUTOMATIC
> OPTIONS="-chunksize 20 -memcache -blocks 65536"
>>>

> Is that not legit?  Can't recall where I was told to do that, but I'm
> guessing it was likely someone in the IRC channel.

It was probably me that suggested that.  I run several machines that
way.  Does it not work for you?

How much RAM do you have on this machine though?  The -blocks 65536
requires 64MB of memory (possibly a continuous chunk.)

Or, switch to the on-disk cache and see if the problem goes away.

<<CDC