[OpenAFS] newbie questions
Tue, 11 Nov 2008 12:18:02 +0100
I'm sorry if this email contains too simple questions and problems. I'm
a really newbie to openafs and it was a hard work to be here with afs
setup, it's a bit strange to me.
I've made a test setup using this howto:
https://cs.stanford.edu/wiki/csdcf/Projects/KerberosAFS (+ howto from
openafs.org, and many many fight with the setup).
The system is based CentOS 5.2 + official 1.4.7 rpms.
- there is admin user
- there is test user
- there is one partition, which is the root.cell and root.afs (do I say
well, are them same?)
- I can connect with windows client
Here are the problems:
1. windows client is mapping a drive, I can write is, but it's so slow,
it's started with ~4 MByte/s and ended with ~11Mbyte/s (~100 Mbit/s). Is
there any limit or something like that?
2. How can I add a new partition to the cluster for extending the
storage size? I gues it should be mounted on /vicepa, it's done.
3. What happens, if the somehow one of partitions disappears (eg. hdd
get wrong, like a node server),l what is the right protocoll in this
case, is there more possibilities? Did I miss something is the docs?
4. Is there any piossbility to replicate meta data's (root.afs?), and
also is there any failover solution about it? I'm sorry, I'm working
only with Lustre, I know only its terminology.