[OpenAFS] check fs consistency after suspend/resume?

Kevin Sumner ksumner@email.unc.edu
Tue, 18 Nov 2008 08:31:00 -0500

Calling something like this should be simple in Linux.  For example, on
Ubuntu you can put a sh script stub in /etc/acpi/resume.d/ that gets
called during the resume process.  I would assume there are analogous
options available in other distributions.

Keep in mind that after resuming you'll want to wait for networking to
come back up and be stable before running at least some of the
aforementioned commands ('fs checkservers' in particular).  With DHCP
transactions, lower-level link negotiations, and some slow networking
drivers, I've seen it take up to 30 seconds to get a stable connection.

Of course, you can ignore all of this if the Linux/Unix client is also
power management aware like Windows.  Is it?  If not, will we see that
in a future release?

Cheers,
Kevin Sumner
ksumner@unc.edu