[OpenAFS] ka-forwarder and kaserver

Stefan Strandberg stefan@cae.wisc.edu
Wed, 19 Nov 2008 10:49:52 -0600

Hi,

In the documentation for ka-forwarder, it states that it will work with
a fakeka running on a krb5 server.  We currently have our VLDBs and
kaservers running on old solaris boxes.  What we would like to do is
initially migrate the VLDBs off onto three new servers, and run
ka-forwarder on them to point at the kaserver on the old machines.

However, it is unclear based on documentation and a google search if
ka-forwarder will work with kaserver.  Does anyone else have any
experience with this?  I expect it will work, as fakeka should in theory
act like kaserver, but I'm not sure.

Note:  We do plan to install krb5 servers.  It is just on hiatus for
various reasons.

Thanks,

-stefan

--