[OpenAFS] Re: FreeBSD port crashes

Karsten Thygesen karthy@netic.dk
Thu, 27 Nov 2008 20:10:40 +0100

Hi

I just wish to add some more details.. I have now tried to build 1.4.8
from source and it gave me the exact same result :-( Well - as I said,
I'm eager, so I tried the lastest 1.5 and it builded without problems,
but as soon as I try to load afsd (the kernel module loads fine), it
scans the empty cache diretory and the crashes, bringing the OS to a
halt.

Please advise how I can debug this further and how I can help providing
more information - if anyone wish to experiemt, I might even be able to
supply access to a server.

I should add, that the FreeBSD-7.0 server is running inside VMWare VI3,
but I do not believe, that this have any impact.

Here is the dmesg from the latest crash:

Starting AFS cache scan...found 0 non-empty cache files (0%).
panic: mount: lost mount
cpuid = 0
Uptime: 49m56s
Physical memory: 499 MB
Dumping 98 MB: 83 67 51 35 19 3
Dump complete
Automatic reboot in 15 seconds - press a key on the console to abort

Best regards,
Karsten