[OpenAFS] Check for inode and namei support

Michael Meffie mmeffie@sinenomine.net
Mon, 06 Oct 2008 21:40:50 -0400

Loren M. Lang wrote:
> How do I determine whether I have a version of OpenAFS compiled for
> inode or namei?

A fileserver compiled with a namei backend will contain the namei_iopen
symbol (along with namei_iread, namei_iwrite, and others). You can use
the nm tool to check,

# nm src/viced/fileserver | grep namei
08091470 T namei_iopen
08092640 T namei_iread
08092590 T namei_iwrite

A fileserver server compiled with a inode backend will contain ih_open
instead of namei_iopen,

# nm src/viced/fileserver | grep ih_open
ih_open             |    363224|extern|code   |$CODE$

# nm src/viced/fileserver | grep namei | wc -l
0