[OpenAFS] Check for inode and namei support

Harald Barth haba@kth.se
Tue, 07 Oct 2008 10:13:34 +0200 (CEST)

> > Also, is there a list of filesystems that OpenAFS requires for it's
> > inode fileserver?  I assume that it's only usable on Linux with Ext2/3
> > if inode is usable at all on Linux.  Also, inode probably won't work on
> > ZFS in Solaris either.
>
> Never on Linux. Solaris ufs; Irix xfs; HP-UX hfs; AIX jfs; and nothing
> else, at least from memory.

And I'd use namei on those, too. I just like to see that the data is
there.

I avoid the following file system combinations:
  reiserfs+anything (puts your files at risk)
  Solaris+ufs+logging+inodefileserver (will eat your files)
  jfs on Linux (untested)

We should distribute solaris binaries for namei and inode.

Harald.