[OpenAFS] Re: Win2K AFS server, setup SL4.5 test-cell server then migrate...

avison48 avison48@yahoo.co.uk
Thu, 9 Oct 2008 16:33:09 +0000 (GMT)

Greetings all,

Couple questions to clarify, in learning about two very different AFS conte=
xts (old =3D IBM/TA 3.5 Win2K, new =3D OpenAFS RHEL4.5)

I think this is true - with OpenAFS, there are AFS accounts & Kerberos
principals (entities/accounts so to speak) but only the Kerberos one has a
password.
Is that Correct?

(That is the opposite of our current sytem where AFS accounts have nothing=
=20
to do with Kerberos AFACT - )

Is this true: an OpenAFS "account" (made with pts createuser) can't=20
authenticate to AFS (that is to be able to use AFS dataspace) without a=20
Kerberos principal. Or if it can, how ?

Thank you!
It's coming along thanks to the kind help of people here!

=0A=0A=0A