[OpenAFS] Re: Linking GPL3 code with IPL? (Was: afs_syscall (Samba as a client of OpenAFS))

Volker Lendecke Volker.Lendecke@SerNet.DE
Mon, 6 Oct 2008 21:45:55 +0200

--IS0zKkzwUGydFO0o

On Mon, Oct 06, 2008 at 09:37:53PM +0200, G=E9mes G=E9za wrote:
> > While not having looked at AFS code, it must at the end come
> > down to some syscall. Either an ioctl, a write call to some
> > code in /proc/whatever, or something else. 99% the coding
> > work is just setting up the right structures and make that
> > call.
> >
> > Volker
> >  =20
> Yes it does an ioctl to /proc/fs/openafs/......, but if I look at the
> code my implementation can be GPL released?

Well, I'm not a license lawyer, but I think that if you look
at the code, maybe take notes, wait a couple of days and
then start coding the Samba part you should be fine.

Any people with more authoritative comments around?

Volker

--IS0zKkzwUGydFO0o

--IS0zKkzwUGydFO0o--