[OpenAFS] Perl AFS module with OpenAFS 1.4.7

Norbert E Gruener nog@MPA-Garching.MPG.DE
Tue, 14 Oct 2008 20:35:56 +0200

Hi Russ,

On Tue, Oct 07 2008, Russ Allbery wrote:
> I vaguely recall there was a mailing list message reporting problems with
> the AFS Perl module with current versions of OpenAFS, but I can't find it
> again now.  I was refreshing my x86 Debian packages and had to make a few
> minor fixes for the com_err renaming, but nothing seems horribly broken.
> With the below patch applied (and the KAS test disabled, since we have no
> kaserver), the module passes all of its tests.  I haven't used it to do
> anything beyond that, though.
>
> For some reason, the XS version checking was failing miserably with Perl
> 5.10 (complaining about undefined variables), so I had to disable it.  I'm
> not sure what's up with that; I haven't investigated further.
>
> A better fix than this one is probably to rename all of the com_err calls
> to use the afs_* names, but this was expedient and I wasn't sure if any of
> the other symbols were used.

I will release a new version within the next few days.  I am just doing
the final tests.

Cheers,

Norbert
--
Ceterum censeo          | PGP encrypted mail preferred.
Redmond esse delendam.  | PGP Key at www.MPA-Garching.MPG.de/~nog/