[OpenAFS] Openafs 1.4.7, Active Directory 2003 user could not access AFS home directory

Wenping Yang yangw3@umdnj.edu
Thu, 16 Oct 2008 11:30:46 -0400

Jeffrey Altman wrote:
> Wenping Yang wrote:
>
>> Derrick Brashear wrote:

>>> put it in /usr/afs/etc/krb.conf (or equivalent) on the fileservers, or
>>> it's not going to work.
>>>

>> Hi Derrick,
>>
>> Thank you for your quick response. I am sorry for having made some
>> confusion here. Actually realm MESH.UMDNJ.EDU is in my krb5.conf file.
>>

> Derrick is not referring to the Kerberos v5 configuration.
> He is referring to the AFS kdc.cnf file which is located at the path
> he specified or another path depending on the file hierarchy used
> by your deployment.
>
> http://www.openafs.org/pages/manpages/5/krb.conf.html
>
> Jeffrey Altman

Jeffrey and Derrick,

Thank you for the information. I was so stupid that did not get
Derrick's point in the first place.

Unfortunately, I am still getting "permission denied" after I put
krb.conf file in both places:

[root@RArwjmsIST1 etc]# cat /usr/vice/etc/krb.conf
MESH.UMDNJ.EDU
[root@RArwjmsIST1 etc]# cat /usr/afs/etc/krb.conf