[OpenAFS] Re: Windows apache htdocs in AFS space?

Jason Edgecombe jason@rampaginggeek.com
Thu, 30 Oct 2008 19:15:19 -0400

Lars Schimmer wrote:

> Lars Schimmer wrote:
>
>> Hi!
>>
>> On one of our projects we need a apache server on a windows client.
>> We thought about putting the htdocs into AFS space and created a IP
>> entry for the user into the PTS database and a special directory for the
>> data of the htdoc with the IP in the ACL.
>> (server is jsut internal reachable with no security riscy data).
>>
>> The problem now: start windows pc, start apache - apache dies
>> Sart windows PC, access the directory in the AFS space with explorer,
>> start apache -works.
>>
>> Any idea why access the directory with explorer let the apache not to
>> crah, or better: why does apache crash if AFS was not "touched" by
>> explorer before?
>>

> Missed: Win XP SP3, OpenAFS 1.5.54

I have noticed similar behaviour. I'm running WinXP SP3 and openafs 1.5.54.

I will authenticate and have tokens, but I have to access my AFS mapped
drives in explorer before I can see them on the command line.

Jason