[OpenAFS] On contributor agreements

Russ Allbery rra@stanford.edu
Thu, 04 Sep 2008 16:34:05 -0700

"Buhrmaster, Gary" <gtb@slac.stanford.edu> writes:

> Would a more lightweight process be acceptable, in
> that any code needs to be accompanied by the
> equivalent of the Linux "Developers Certificate
> of Origin" signoff (by the developer)?
>
> That puts the onerous on the submitters to insure
> that their submissions meets their (and/or their
> employers) requirements.

I think that's the sort of agreement that Derrick has in mind (as opposed
to the FSF-style copyright assignment, which however nice in the abstract
would be a major pain and isn't really tenable).  Personally, I'd rather
sign it once rather than providing a new copy with each code submission,
since I can readily agree to something like that.