[OpenAFS] RE: [OpenAFS-announce] OpenAFS gatekeeper plan draft available

Buhrmaster, Gary gtb@slac.stanford.edu
Thu, 4 Sep 2008 18:01:29 -0700

=20

> ... Comments welcome, either privately
> or ideally to openafs-info@openafs.org .
>=20
> http://www.openafs.org/foundation/gatekeepers.html

I note that item 3 of the gatekeeper responsibilities
could negate the necessity of including the contributor
responsibilities (since item 3 indicates the gatekeepers
will develop/publish the standards for contributions).
I guess I would prefer that the contributors responsibilities
section be eliminated, and instead that content become
a potential draft that the gatekeepers can choose to
use to meet their requirements to publish contribution
standards (and could be used until a further revision
is available).

If one wants to be paranoid, one might also consider
that a gatekeeper should not approve their own
contribution.  However, that might be a commit too far.