[OpenAFS] RE: [OpenAFS-announce] OpenAFS gatekeeper plan draft available

Derrick Brashear shadow@gmail.com
Thu, 4 Sep 2008 22:17:56 -0400

On Thu, Sep 4, 2008 at 9:01 PM, Buhrmaster, Gary <gtb@slac.stanford.edu> wrote:

>> ... Comments welcome, either privately
>> or ideally to openafs-info@openafs.org .
>>
>> http://www.openafs.org/foundation/gatekeepers.html
>
> I note that item 3 of the gatekeeper responsibilities
> could negate the necessity of including the contributor
> responsibilities (since item 3 indicates the gatekeepers
> will develop/publish the standards for contributions).
> I guess I would prefer that the contributors responsibilities
> section be eliminated, and instead that content become
> a potential draft that the gatekeepers can choose to
> use to meet their requirements to publish contribution
> standards (and could be used until a further revision
> is available).

You're proposing... gatekeepers publish requirements for submitters later?

> If one wants to be paranoid, one might also consider
> that a gatekeeper should not approve their own
> contribution.  However, that might be a commit too far.

If it's an architectural change, they can't. Otherwise, I don't really
see that it makes a difference. Others?