[OpenAFS] Re: [OpenAFS-announce] OpenAFS gatekeeper plan draft available

Steven Jenkins steven.jenkins@gmail.com
Thu, 4 Sep 2008 23:38:51 -0400

On Thu, Sep 4, 2008 at 4:42 PM, Derrick Brashear <shadow@openafs.org> wrote:
> OpenAFS has started down a path to formally organizing. One piece of
> the plan involves formalizing roles, and so provided here is a draft
> plan for the role of the gatekeepers as well as expectations of
> contributors in their interactions. Comments welcome, either privately
> or ideally to openafs-info@openafs.org .
>
> http://www.openafs.org/foundation/gatekeepers.html

BTW, since you posted to openafs-announce, I'm responding here.  If
this should go elsewhere, let me know.

Under the contributors section:

4. should provide a unit test for any contribution.(*)

I suggest that there are problem some things that the developers could
agree as 'Must's and not just 'Should's.  For example,

Must provide Qt-style comments for all new or modified functions,
macros, and non-local variables.

If that simply finds its way into the details for item 6:

must provide documentation for submissions which add commands or
functionality or change user-visible behavior, meeting current
documentation standards.(*)

(i.e., the 'current documentation standards') I'd be happy with that as well.

And I'd encourage others to think about what would make sense from a
development standpoint and make other suggestions as well.

--
Steven Jenkins
End Point Corporation