[OpenAFS] Google Summer of Code 2008 wrapup

Jake Thebault-Spieker summatusmentis@gmail.com
Mon, 15 Sep 2008 17:17:10 -0500

------=_Part_71702_22419120.1221517030314

>  I encourage the
> students to comment on their work and experiences.

I really really enjoyed my experience this summer, working on kAFS. Going
in, I was pretty sure my skills weren't where they should be for this
project, but I thought I would be able to learn. I learned an enormous
amount, but because of the learning curve, my project didn't reach anywhere
near it's ambitious initial goals.

That said, I do feel that my project accomplished all of the goals of Summer
of Code, in general. That is, community, learning, experience, and
furthering open source. I hope to continue being a part of the OpenAFS/AFS
community, and I plan to continue working on my project, making every
linux/afs user's life a bit easier :-D

I'm not sure what other information people would like, but feel free to ask.

> Further details will follow with regard to preparations for doing this
> again, such that it will be easier for all concerned to involve new
> developers (students or otherwise).

Let me know if there's any way I can help.

--
Jacob Thebault-Spieker
Cell: (320) 288-6412

------=_Part_71702_22419120.1221517030314

students to comment on their work and experiences.<br>
Further details will follow with regard to preparations for doing this<br>
again, such that it will be easier for all concerned to involve new<br>

------=_Part_71702_22419120.1221517030314--