[OpenAFS] pioctl fails when AFS user != UNIX user

Daniel Debertin debertin@msi.umn.edu
Mon, 22 Sep 2008 11:11:46 -0500

[[ Replying to my own original post for clarification... ]]

Daniel Debertin writes:
 > I am able to use 'klog' as long as the user I'm authenticating as is
 > identical to the UNIX user I'm logged in as. If they're different I
 > get a long delay and then "Unable to authenticate to AFS because a
 > pioctl failed.":
 >
 > afs0# klog debertin.admin

I've narrowed this down a bit. The problem is that the pioctl fails if
I am root ("afs0# klog debertin.admin"). With any non-root user it works
fine.

Platform is Solaris 10, OpenAFS 1.4.7. rxdebug output on port 7001 is
as follows:

AFS version:  OpenAFS 1.4.7 built  2008-05-01

-Dan Debertin
--
Dan Debertin
Unix Systems Administrator