[OpenAFS] pioctl fails when AFS user != UNIX user

Robert Banz rob@nofocus.org
Mon, 22 Sep 2008 10:17:00 -0700

On Sep 22, 2008, at 9:11 AM, Daniel Debertin wrote:

> [[ Replying to my own original post for clarification... ]]
>
> Daniel Debertin writes:
>> I am able to use 'klog' as long as the user I'm authenticating as is
>> identical to the UNIX user I'm logged in as. If they're different I
>> get a long delay and then "Unable to authenticate to AFS because a
>> pioctl failed.":
>>
>> afs0# klog debertin.admin
>
> I've narrowed this down a bit. The problem is that the pioctl fails if
> I am root ("afs0# klog debertin.admin"). With any non-root user it
> works
> fine.
>
> Platform is Solaris 10, OpenAFS 1.4.7. rxdebug output on port 7001 is
> as follows:
>
> AFS version:  OpenAFS 1.4.7 built  2008-05-01

Any difference if you klog vs klog -setpag?

Have you patched your Solaris recently? If so, try rebuilding OpenAFS
from source -- perhaps there's been another case of structure fiddling
in kernel land.

-rob