[OpenAFS] 64-bit OpenAFS Client on XP64 SP2

Jaime Cifuentes jcifuen@us.ibm.com
Fri, 26 Sep 2008 10:29:05 -0700

--0__=08BBFE43DFC89BEA8f9e8a93df938690918c08BBFE43DFC89BEA

Hello all,

      My customer is requesting to deploy a 64-bit OpenAFS client running
on Windows XP64 SP2.  We have an OpenAFS cell running on RedHat Linux.
      A person on their team tried to install the available 64-bit client,
but ran into some issues. As I understand these were the problems he saw:

   Once userid logged in to AFS, mapped drives status was as if it was not
   mapped (no check mark ). Clicking on the drive could connect the drive,
   but it not always happened.
   In a couple of occasions the drive connection just dropped.

      I have just gotten a loaner to play with for a short period, and I
have not tried this myself. But my question is if anyone has installed the
64-bit client, and if they have seen any issues.  And if they have, how
were they corrected?

      Any help/comments will be greatly appreciated

                              Jaime Cifuentes
                              DCE/DFS-AFS Support, Hitachi
                              San Jose, CA
                              408 717-7998
--0__=08BBFE43DFC89BEA8f9e8a93df938690918c08BBFE43DFC89BEA

	My customer is requesting to deploy a 64-bit OpenAFS client running on Windows XP64 SP2.  We have an OpenAFS cell running on RedHat Linux.<br>
	A person on their team tried to install the available 64-bit client, but ran into some issues. As I understand these were the problems he saw:<br>

<ol type="1">
<li>Once userid logged in to AFS, mapped drives status was as if it was not mapped (no check mark ). Clicking on the drive could connect the drive, but it not always happened.
<li>In a couple of occasions the drive connection just dropped.</ol>
	I have just gotten a loaner to play with for a short period, and I have not tried this myself. But my question is if anyone has installed the 64-bit client, and if they have seen any issues.  And if they have, how were they corrected?<br>
	Any help/comments will be greatly appreciated<br>
                              Jaime Cifuentes<br>
                              DCE/DFS-AFS Support, Hitachi<br>
                              San Jose, CA<br>
                              408 717-7998</body></html>
--0__=08BBFE43DFC89BEA8f9e8a93df938690918c08BBFE43DFC89BEA--