[OpenAFS] File Server appears to stop responding

Harald Barth haba@kth.se
Sat, 27 Sep 2008 13:10:45 +0200 (CEST)

> I've been experiencing a problem where fileserver appears to simply
> stop responding to requests. I currently only have one AFS server
> (OpenAFS version 1.4.7).

OS?

What parameters do you start the fileserver with? Currently I favour:

bnode fs fs 1
parm /usr/openafs/libexec/openafs/fileserver -nojumbo -p 23 -busyat 600 -rxpck 400 -s 1200 -l 1200 -cb 100000 -b 240 -vc 1200
parm /usr/openafs/libexec/openafs/volserver
parm /usr/openafs/libexec/openafs/salvager -datelogs -parallel all
end

> I have to completely reboot the server to resolve it.

Hm. What is not freed correctly?

> This log was generated after I restarted fileserver and it still wasn't working.

The "CallPreamble: Couldn't get CPS. Too many lockers" indicates that
the fileserver can not send any rx calls any more. The question now is
how it got into that state and why restarting (other than reboot) does
not clear it.

Harald.