[OpenAFS] File Server appears to stop responding

Randy Kemp rkemp@srhs.net
Mon, 29 Sep 2008 02:27:18 -0400

Derrick Brashear wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 26, 2008 at 3:17 PM, Randy Kemp <rkemp@srhs.net> wrote:
>
>> This setup seemed to be working fine for about a month before the problem
>> started occurring.  In the FileLog I'm now frequently seeing "CallPreamble:
>> Couldn't get CPS. Too many lockers" even when everything appears to be
>> working correctly.  When it does occur, restarting the OpenAFS daemons does
>> not fix the problem.
>>
> Nor will it. It's telling you that you have misbehaving clients, and
> those clients are not being serviced. And you don't want them to be,
> as if they were you would have problems much more often.
>
> The routing failure messages at the end may suggest "the real issue".
> Do you have clients which are able to send to the fileserver, but are
> unreachable from it?

The client that is referenced in the log file is multi-homed and sitting
on three of the same LANs as the multi-homed server, so I know there's
not a routing problem.  I have now added a NetInfo file to that client
specifying the one interface I want the AFS traffic to flow on, so
perhaps that will help.

--
Randy Kemp