[OpenAFS] Migration to Kerberos 5

Wheeler, JF (Jonathan) jonathan.wheeler@stfc.ac.uk
Thu, 2 Apr 2009 15:45:21 +0100

I have been studying the documentation for migrating from "Kerberos 4"
to Kerberos 5 for AFS as written by Ken Hornstein.  The version of the
document that I have is dated 1998 so is a little old.  Is there a newer
version anywhere ?  If not, can someone please answer the following
question: the document suggests that the Kerberos 5 package needs to be
rebuilt from source to allow the addition of patches.  This is not
something we normally do as we install almost all our software via Linux
RPMs.  Does this still need to be done or are the relevant programs now
available in RPMs somewhere ?  For example, I cannot find program
asetkey.

Jonathan Wheeler=20
e-Science Centre=20
Rutherford Appleton Laboratory (cell rl.ac.uk)
--
Scanned by iCritical.