[OpenAFS] openafs and tivoli backup client

Russ Allbery rra@stanford.edu
Thu, 02 Apr 2009 10:15:20 -0700

"Christopher D. Clausen" <cclausen@acm.org> writes:
> Russ Allbery <rra@stanford.edu> wrote:

>> Not any more.  Tivoli dropped support for AFS.  We have old binaries
>> that we're still using because they've not broken the API (yet), but I
>> don't think we're allowed to give them out, and they're not really a
>> long-term solution for anyone anyway.
>
> I'm fairly certain the TSM 5.1 client here has AFS support (as I use it
> now):
> ftp://ftp.software.ibm.com/storage/tivoli-storage-management/maintenance/client/v5r1/AIX/AIX32bit/v517/

Oh, I didn't realize they still had the 5.1 client available.  Yes, that
approach will work for the time being if that comes with the *.afs binary.

Note, though, that the current version of Tivoli is 5.5, and I'm fairly
sure that later versions no longer include AFS support.  We've been told
by IBM that they do not support it and eventually it will break.