[OpenAFS] TSM client for OpenAFS

Felix Frank Felix.Frank@Desy.de
Fri, 3 Apr 2009 07:55:39 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 2 Apr 2009, Anders Magnusson wrote:

> Harald Barth wrote:
>>
>> Why is the space bigger? Don't you do incremental dumps?
>>

> Of course, but it will still take up much more space. If we do full dump
> once a week
> and incs each night there will be many duplicates of files changed early
> after the full dump :-)

Do I correctly infer that you don't need a full backup as in "ability to
restore data from arbitrary points in time"?
For simply keeping a safety copy of your data, you should consider
OpenAFS+OSD (http://www.rzg.mpg.de/~hwr/Graz.pdf).
It interfaces with TSM HSM. ACLs are not archived, but there are other
ways to go about them.

The code is not in CVS yet, but until that's all done, we would
be pleased to already welcome more users of these features.

Sincerely
  - Felix