[OpenAFS] TSM client for OpenAFS

Mattias Pantzare pantzer@ludd.ltu.se
Fri, 3 Apr 2009 10:55:21 +0200

>>> Of course, but it will still take up much more space. If we do full dump
>>> once a week
>>> and incs each night there will be many duplicates of files changed early
>>> after the full dump :-)
>>
>> Do I correctly infer that you don't need a full backup as in "ability to
>> restore data from arbitrary points in time"?
>
> Well, TSM only store one copy of a specific object, while if you do full
> dumps + incs
> there will be multiple copies.

Just to be clear, TSM stores one copy per version of a specific object.

If we do full dumps + incs we have to have at least two full dumps in
the backup system at a given time.
If we do it the TSM way only one copy have to be in the backup system
if the file is static.

We do need ability to restore data from arbitrary points in time. (I
work at the same place as Anders)