[OpenAFS] TSM client for OpenAFS

Harald Barth haba@kth.se
Fri, 03 Apr 2009 15:30:47 +0200 (CEST)

> The API docs says how to use dsmc to be able to extract files stored from the API.
> Actually, I have almost only used dsmc so far, the restore client is not ready
> yet and I haven't really decided how it shall work.  Currently I just restore data
> without any AFS magic, it just writes to the filesystem.

The other way around (into TSM with dsmc and out with API) I have not been able to do.

These are my notes from a while ago when I fiddled with this (ok, this
is TSM internal, so it might be a bit OT):

/*
 *
 * filespacename: /scratch (moutpoint without trailing /)
 * highlevelname: /bar     (dir without last filename and with
 *                          first / but when top level, see
 *       		    example)
 * lowlevelname: /foo      (file or dir with leading /)
 *
 *
 * Example (montpoint is /scratch):
 *
 *  Unix fs             ADSM API                   ADSM DB TABLE ARCHIVES
 *                      FS        HL     LL        FS         HL      LL
 *
 * /scratch/bar/foo => "/scratch" "/bar" "/foo" => "/scratch" "/bar/" "foo"
 * /scratch/foo     => "/scratch" ""     "/foo" => "/scratch" "/"     "foo"
 *
 */

Harald.