[OpenAFS] TSM client for OpenAFS
Fri, 03 Apr 2009 15:30:47 +0200 (CEST)
> The API docs says how to use dsmc to be able to extract files stored from the API.
> Actually, I have almost only used dsmc so far, the restore client is not ready
> yet and I haven't really decided how it shall work. Currently I just restore data
> without any AFS magic, it just writes to the filesystem.
The other way around (into TSM with dsmc and out with API) I have not been able to do.
These are my notes from a while ago when I fiddled with this (ok, this
is TSM internal, so it might be a bit OT):
* filespacename: /scratch (moutpoint without trailing /)
* highlevelname: /bar (dir without last filename and with
* first / but when top level, see
* lowlevelname: /foo (file or dir with leading /)
* Example (montpoint is /scratch):
* Unix fs ADSM API ADSM DB TABLE ARCHIVES
* FS HL LL FS HL LL
* /scratch/bar/foo => "/scratch" "/bar" "/foo" => "/scratch" "/bar/" "foo"
* /scratch/foo => "/scratch" "" "/foo" => "/scratch" "/" "foo"