[OpenAFS] Windows client problems - some questions

Jeff Blaine jblaine@kickflop.net
Fri, 03 Apr 2009 11:03:57 -0400

I've been trying to get OpenAFS 1.5.58 (and older
versions with no success) working under Windows XP
for about 8 hours now.  Before I try to explain
what I've tried, let me just ask some questions:

* What is "Freelance" ?

* If I'm using VPN software to connect to work
   where the AFS cell is, I assume the binding
   should be to the virtual NIC for the VPN, eh?

I simply cannot reach our cell even with the PC's
firewall shut down.  I can ping all of the servers
by hostname just fine from cmd.exe.  And running
Wireshark to capture packets shows that I am getting
data back from the servers.  But more on that later...