[OpenAFS] openafs and tivoli backup client

Coy Hile Coy.Hile@coyhile.com
Sat, 4 Apr 2009 03:12:20 +0100

> > I'm fairly certain the TSM 5.1 client here has AFS support (as I use it
> > now):
> > ftp://ftp.software.ibm.com/storage/tivoli-storage-
> management/maintenance/client/v5r1/AIX/AIX32bit/v517/
>=20
> Oh, I didn't realize they still had the 5.1 client available.  Yes, that
> approach will work for the time being if that comes with the *.afs binary=
.
>=20
> Note, though, that the current version of Tivoli is 5.5, and I'm fairly
> sure that later versions no longer include AFS support.  We've been told
> by IBM that they do not support it and eventually it will break.
>=20

I'd be interested to find out if those binaries still work with TSM 6.1 tha=
t came out last week.  Officially, only clients at levels 5.3 or newer are =
supported with 6.1, IIRC, but we all know the difference between "supported=
", and "it works."

-C