[OpenAFS] Solaris 10 - OpenAFS can't mount

Douglas E. Engert deengert@anl.gov
Mon, 06 Apr 2009 11:25:24 -0500

Paulo Roberto Vieira Brand=E3o wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm trying to setup my first AFS machine on a Solaris 10 box, using=20
> sunx86_510.namei.tar.gz .
> I can load the modules: libafs.nonfs.o and libafs64.nonfs.o.
>=20
> # /etc/init.d/afs start
> Entry for afs already exists in /etc/name_to_sysnum

The above is nornal, the init.d/afs should add these then restart.

> /usr/vice/etc/afsd does not exist. Not starting AFS client.

Any reason you don't have afsd?

>=20
> The mountall version of the Solaris 10 is different of the=20
> QuickBeginner's Guide's mountall and I was not able to make the last=20
> modification.
>=20
> Does someone have the modifications of mountall and fsckall needed for=20
> the Solaris 10?
>=20
> But even when I try to do mount manully, I got:
>=20

The vice partitions are ordinary files partitions usually ufs, not afs.
The fstype afs is used by the cache manager.

> # mount -F afs /dev/dsk/c1d0s3 /vicepa/
> mount: Operation not applicable to FSType afs
>=20
> I also tried to "format" the slice as afs, as showed:=20
> http://www.captain.at/programming/openafs/
> using the mkfs -F afs

> But the error persist.
>=20
> There is no message on /var/adm/messages.
>=20
> Thanks in advance.
>=20
>=20
> /etc/vfstab
>=20
> #device         device          mount           FS      fsck    mount  =
=20
> mount
> #to mount       to fsck         point           type    pass    at boot=
=20
> options
> #
> fd      -       /dev/fd fd      -       no      -
> /proc   -       /proc   proc    -       no      -
> /dev/dsk/c1d0s1 -       -       swap    -       no      -
> /dev/dsk/c1d0s0 /dev/rdsk/c1d0s0        /       ufs     1       no     =
 -
> /dev/dsk/c1d0s3 /dev/rdsk/c1d0s3       /vicepa afs    2       yes     -
> /dev/dsk/c2d0s3 /dev/rdsk/c2d0s3       /vicepb afs    2        yes     =
-
> /devices        -       /devices        devfs   -       no      -
> ctfs    -       /system/contract        ctfs    -       no      -
> objfs   -       /system/object  objfs   -       no      -
> swap    -       /tmp    tmpfs   -       yes     -
>=20
> root@master:~# mountall
> mount: Operation not applicable to FSType afs
> mount: Operation not applicable to FSType afs
>=20
>=20

--=20

  Douglas E. Engert  <DEEngert@anl.gov>