[OpenAFS] Migrating fully a server to a new machine, best practice

Mircea Ciocan mircea.ciocan@cmosvision.com
Tue, 14 Apr 2009 14:36:39 +0200

Hello,

I need to migrate our afs server to a new ( and with different hardware
) machine. The original server is also the master machine and so will be
the new one, basically is an one server setup.
So now being at this task for the first time I would like to ask the
more experienced list members about the best way ( aka non-destructive
;) to do such a migration.
There is no need for the original volumes to be accessible during the
migration but what I'm searching for is a the most secure way to do the
migration from the data integrity protection p.o.v.
Also I would like for the new server to replace the old server without
any troubles like user scripts changes, as I've said, only one of them
will be active when in production.
Any advice, real life examples and/or relevant RTFM pointers will be
greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your kind help,
Mircea