[OpenAFS] Migrating fully a server to a new machine, best practice

Mircea Ciocan mircea.ciocan@cmosvision.com
Tue, 14 Apr 2009 16:01:56 +0200

Derrick Brashear wrote:
[snip]
> if you also don't immediately need the old server, use vos move with
> the -nodelete option; it will leave the old copies on the old server
> behind (but not in the vldb)

[snip]

OK, I've tried vos move command but it seem not to have -nodelete option
?!?!?!?
# vos  move -verbose -nodelete -id home -fromserver afs -frompartiton
/vicepa -toserver afs2 -topartition /vicepa
vos: Unrecognized or ambiguous switch '-nodelete'; type 'vos help move'
for detailed help

Also, this option is not documented in the documentation:
http://www.openafs.org/frameless/manpages/1/vos_move.html

I'm really confused now, what I'm doing wrong ???

OpanAFS is 1.4.10, is this option only available in 1.5.x series ?

 Thank you,
 Mircea