[OpenAFS] rxkad error=19270408

Mircea Ciocan mircea.ciocan@cmosvision.com
Tue, 21 Apr 2009 17:06:54 +0200

Derrick Brashear wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 21, 2009 at 10:56 AM, Ted Creedon <tcreedon@easystreet.net> wrote:
>
>> OpenAFS crashed my 8 processor Intel i7 using 16% of one cpu and 100% of a
>> single processor system too.
>>
>> The problem is time consuming due to the cold boots and the reset button...
>>

> Are you running 1.4.10? (The correct answer is yes. If you give the
> wrong answer, fix it and try again)

Yes, I'm running this on an OpenSUSE 11.1 x64:
openafs-authlibs-1.4.10-13.2
openafs-1.4.10-13.2
openafs-client-1.4.10-13.2
openafs-server-1.4.10-13.2
openafs-kmp-default-1.4.10_2.6.27.21_0.1-13.2
openafs-krb5-mit-1.4.10-13.2

IMHO, no matter what kerberos key  b..s is happening this should not
produce this miserable kernel loop that kills the most powerful machines
available today, it either should have some slower cadence so that
eventually some could stop the AFS processes or it should give up after
some time, I this regard I consider this behavior a bug.

 Cheers,
 Mircea