[OpenAFS] Problem with current directory

Staffan Hämälä sh@ltu.se
Mon, 27 Apr 2009 12:04:19 +0200

On 2009-04-27 11:44, Harald Barth wrote:

> For your problem, it might be good to upgrade to at least 1.4.7, but because of
> the security problem I'd upgrade the client all the way to 1.4.10.

I will upgrade to 1.4.10 today.

> Doing a cd where makes things work again?

When pwd says that it cannot get current directory, a lot of other applications
do the same (for example if you try to start acroread).

When this happens, you just have to run a 'cd' to your home directory. Then pwd
knows where it is again, and you can start using the shell for starting acroread
(for example).

> $ fs la ltu.se/staff/s
> fs: You don't have the required access rights on 'ltu.se/staff/s'
>
> Seems you don't have system:anyuser list. It would probably make
> your life easier if you had that down to $HOME and then give
> your users a $HOME/Private/ and a $HOME/Public/.

I'll start with upgrading, and we'll see how it works after that.

/Staffan