[OpenAFS] /afs area is hanging

David Bear David.Bear@asu.edu
Tue, 28 Apr 2009 18:32:04 -0700

--0016364ef07c054ec70468a78c69

You might also try the -fakestat on the afs startup daemon.

On Tue, Apr 28, 2009 at 3:22 PM, Mark Henry <mark.henry@infoprint.com>wrote:

> I have an OpenAFS client that works after each reboot and then eventually
> hangs
> when the afs area is accessed.  I am running openafs 1.4.9 that I compiled
> on
> the system (I have tried many versions of the openafs client with the same
> results).  The OS is OpenSUSE 10.3.  I have two other systems with the same
> OS
> that are working fine.
>
> I have searched /var/log/messages.  I have checked the config files.  User
> authentication works fine (even when the system is hanging).  If I run the
> command 'ls -l /afs' that window is hung.  If an afs user logs in when the
> system is in a bad state the session immediately hangs because it can't cd
> the afs home dir.  I don't know what to do other than reboot.  Can someone
> tell
> me what else to try to find out why this system is hanging?  Thanks,
>
> Mark

> "This message and any attachments are solely for the intended recipient and
> may contain confidential or privileged information. If you are not the
> intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, use, or distribution of the
> information included in this message and any attachments is prohibited. If
> you have received this communication in error, please notify us by reply
> e-mail and immediately and permanently delete this message and any
> attachments. Thank you."

David Bear
College of Public Programs at ASU
602-464-0424

--0016364ef07c054ec70468a78c69

You might also try the -fakestat on the afs startup daemon.<br><br><div cla=
ss=3D"gmail_quote">On Tue, Apr 28, 2009 at 3:22 PM, Mark Henry <span dir=3D=
"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:mark.henry@infoprint.com">mark.henry@infoprint.=
204, 204); margin: 0pt 0pt 0pt 0.8ex; padding-left: 1ex;"><br>
I have an OpenAFS client that works after each reboot and then eventually h=
angs<br>
when the afs area is accessed. =C2=A0I am running openafs 1.4.9 that I comp=
iled on<br>
the system (I have tried many versions of the openafs client with the same<=
br>
results). =C2=A0The OS is OpenSUSE 10.3. =C2=A0I have two other systems wit=
h the same OS<br>
that are working fine.<br>
I have searched /var/log/messages. =C2=A0I have checked the config files. =
=C2=A0User<br>
authentication works fine (even when the system is hanging). =C2=A0If I run=
 the<br>
command &#39;ls -l /afs&#39; that window is hung. =C2=A0If an afs user logs=
 in when the<br>
system is in a bad state the session immediately hangs because it can&#39;t=
 cd to<br>
the afs home dir. =C2=A0I don&#39;t know what to do other than reboot. =C2=
=A0Can someone tell<br>
me what else to try to find out why this system is hanging? =C2=A0Thanks,<b=
r>
Mark<br>
__<br>
&quot;This message and any attachments are solely for the intended recipien=