FW: [OpenAFS] /afs area is hanging

Felix Frank Felix.Frank@Desy.de
Wed, 29 Apr 2009 09:21:43 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 29 Apr 2009, Wheeler, JF (Jonathan) wrote:

> [...]

It depends on your root.afs volume. With dynroot (as far as I understand),
the involved effort is not great, and doing a plain listing of a static
root.afs shouldn't take ages either.

Most importantly, even if there is a longer batch of accesses that makes one
process take forever, this should not freeze the entire machine's AFS
connectivity, right?

What happens if a user w/ AFS home logs on before ls - /afs? Does this not
generate the bad state?

Cheers
  - Felix