[OpenAFS] Using the Windows Explorer extension on global drives

Justin Brinegar brinegar@physics.unc.edu
Fri, 07 Aug 2009 10:14:14 -0400

After upgrading to version 1.5.60 on Windows XP, the AFS Windows
Explorer extension no longer functions on drives mapped in the system
context*.  This symptom was not seen in 1.5.35, and the symptom still
exists in 1.5.61.

Is this change by design?  Is there any way to re-enable the functionality?

We are currently directing our users to type in the full UNC path to the
mapped system drive that they would like to use the AFS Explorer
Extension on, which presents the afs path to them in a user context.

*Note: This is used for folder redirection.  File change operations do
not work properly (folder refreshing) over UNC paths in Windows XP.

Thanks,
Justin
--
Justin Brinegar