[OpenAFS] AFS Mount Points, Nomenclature

beelz skyliner306@yahoo.com
Thu, 6 Aug 2009 22:15:14 -0700 (PDT)

Would someone explain the relationship of /afs and /vicepX to standard mount
points that one sets up during a BSD or Linux install?  I'm new to AFS and
I'm trying to determine how to partition my 1TB hard drive to give a large
amount (approx 990 gb) to shared AFS space.  I do not plan to use additional
servers or drives in the near future.  This is more of an experimental
learning environment.  I am inclined to mount /vicepa as the large partition
based on what I've read, but I would appreciate any analogies or
explanations experienced users could offer to help me understand the "real"
versus "virtual" directory structures which AFS appears to employ.

Thanks.

John