[OpenAFS] "Constant" disk writing

John W Higgins wishdev@gmail.com
Mon, 10 Aug 2009 00:50:03 -0700

--0016e64ea9dc6bdb730470c4d5ce

Morning Everyone,

I'm setting up my first OpenAFS server (which is just a small thing running
on a home system) and I'm wondering why the fileserver process keeps waking
up every 10 seconds and writing a small amount of data to my volumes.

This system doesn't do much 8+ hours a day and I'd rather not have it
"constantly" writing to disk for no apparant reason if I can avoid it. Is
this something that I can configure the wakeup interval for? I get that
"constantly" is a very poor term here but it would prevent my disks from
sleeping so it's in that vain that I'm using the term here :)

I imagine this information is someplace in the manuals but I couldn't find
the right keywords to search against.

Thanks for any assistance

John

--0016e64ea9dc6bdb730470c4d5ce

Morning Everyone,<br><br>I&#39;m setting up my first OpenAFS server (which =
is just a small thing running on a home system) and I&#39;m wondering why t=
he fileserver process keeps waking up every 10 seconds and writing a small =
amount of data to my volumes.<br>
ave it &quot;constantly&quot; writing to disk for no apparant reason if I c=
an avoid it. Is this something that I can configure the wakeup interval for=
? I get that &quot;constantly&quot; is a very poor term here but it would p=
revent my disks from sleeping so it&#39;s in that vain that I&#39;m using t=
he term here :)<br>
;t find the right keywords to search against.<br><br>Thanks for any assista=

--0016e64ea9dc6bdb730470c4d5ce--