[OpenAFS] Nomenclature Follow-Up

beelz skyliner306@yahoo.com
Mon, 10 Aug 2009 06:14:27 -0700 (PDT)

Well, I got my AFS server up and running and have a better understanding of
the hierarchy and mount points so please disregard my previous question.  I
still don't have LDAP configured but so far I've been able to connect and
move files with a few different client OSs.  Very satisfying after a
considerable amount of time spent on this project.

I've decided to keep my volumes at approximately 100 GB.  I do not have
multiple servers and I would appreciate any suggestions people have as to
sizing volumes, and whether there have been any problems with large (like,
around 100 GB) ones.  Also, what is a good way to create a volume that will
be shared by multiple users?  There's a lot of information about creating
new home directories, but what about those not associated with specific
users?

John