[OpenAFS] symantec netbackup on Linux

Gary Gatling gsgatlin@eos.ncsu.edu
Fri, 28 Aug 2009 18:23:06 -0400 (EDT)

Greetings,

Has anyone ever gotten netbackup backup and restore to work with openafs
servers running on Linux? I was able to get restores to work with a 6.0
and a 5.1 client. But not backups.

I have been able to backup and restore volumes using netbackup 5.1 MP7 and
6.0 MP4 clients running on SPARC Solaris openafs servers. (openafs
version 1.4.11 or 1.4.10) But when I try with Linux it just backs up the
/vicepa directory using a standard policy instead of using vos commands
on volumes like it should. People here want us to get off of SPARC Solaris
but since we are stuck with netbackup as a backup solution it looks like
we might be stuck on that platform. Anyone else run into this or find a
workaround?

Thanks,

Gary Gatling      | ITECS Systems
ITECS, BOX 7901   | Operations and Systems Analyst
NCSU, Raleigh, NC | Email: gsgatlin "at" eos.ncsu.edu
27695-7901