[OpenAFS] OpenAFS on the Palm Pre smartphone!

Troy Benjegerdes hozer@hozed.org
Mon, 14 Dec 2009 19:40:34 -0600

I see the point of not having a full blown file mananger. But AFS as a 'library'
to locate .. say some sort of search index that was generated on a desktop
would be darn spiffy.

There is at least one webos file manager I've seen.

email in maildir on afs with local dovecot seems like a pretty quick hack
that gets me a long way towards what I've been wanting for a long time now.

FYI, Now i'm getting this...

  CC [M]  /home/hozer/src/predev/openafs-1.5.66/src/libafs/MODLOAD-2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430-SP/afs_error.o
In file included from include/linux/spinlock.h:333,
                 from include/linux/wait.h:24,
                 from /home/hozer/src/predev/openafs-1.5.66/src/afs/sysincludes.h:61,
                 from /home/hozer/src/predev/openafs-1.5.66/src/libafs/MODLOAD-2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430-SP/afs_error.c:18:
include/asm/atomic.h:17: error: conflicting types for 'atomic_t'
/home/hozer/src/predev/openafs-1.5.66/src/libafs/MODLOAD-2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430-SP/./sys/types.h:192: error: previous declaration of 'atomic_t' was here
make[5]: *** [/home/hozer/src/predev/openafs-1.5.66/src/libafs/MODLOAD-2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430-SP/afs_error.o] Error 1
make[4]: *** [_module_/home/hozer/src/predev/openafs-1.5.66/src/libafs/MODLOAD-2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430-SP] Error 2

Hopefully I have it working once I land ;)